Cavalier lighter socket

The lighter socket in my 2002 Cavalier shorted out, or at least that's where I need to start. How do I get to it? Any "on line" help or pictures?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

It requires the use of a special tool, kent-moore J42059. It is shaped like a "T" on the business end and engages into some windows on the outlet to release. They are pretty sturdy locking tabs on the outlet, and you risk casualty by doing it improperly.

Reply to
yellowdog251