Putting a cigarette lighter socket into a Seat Ibiza.

Hi guys,

Asked this question on a couple of other groups but not had any definite answers.

Will be ringing round a few garages within the next week or so to find out from a "real world" source, but lack of hours in the day means its easier to ask here first :)

I've got a 1997-registered Seat Ibiza SE, that doesn't appear to have a cigarette lighter. Just a blanking plate over where the lighter should be.

First question: Is there likely to be a socket behind that?

I don't want to take away the blanking plate if there wouldn't be, as I've no idea how to remove the blanking plate and don't want to risk it for nothing ;)

Second question: If there isn't, would it be possible to put one there?

If so, where would I get a socket from and how would I go about wiring it up?

Cheers all for any help that you may be able to give - 'tis much appreciated.

GazChap.

Reply to
Gareth Griffiths

Get out your Yellow Pages, and phone all your local breakers yards. Once you've found one with a 1997 Ibiza, then go there and buy it's faglighter - should cost you around £5. You'll see how it's fitted when you remove it (+12v, Earth, and possibly power to a bulb if it's a lit socket). Take it home, reverse the procedure into your car, and voila.

Reply to
Nom

Just give up smokeing, save the money for about 10 years and buy a 911 or somthing :)

Reply to
REMUS

As someone else has already speculated, its for a charger for my iPod ;)

Smoking is a disgusting habit. I had to buy an air freshener for the car because it was obviously used by a smoker previously. The garage had done a commendable job getting the stains out of the fabrics and everything but the stink was still there. Almost gone now though ;)

Cheers, GazChap.

Reply to
gazchap

^^^^ Nice story on your website about the old lady :)

Reply to
Ronny

Heheh, thanks. I keep meaning to update that. They brought her back. Fortunately she seems to be keeping herself to herself this time around.

Cheers, GazChap.

Reply to
gazchap

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote

-SNIP-

Oxymoron alert

Reply to
fishman

A responsible smoker like myself "De-Stinks" the car before they try to sell it. Amazing what fabreze on the seats, carpets, headlining and through the fan system does for the smell of a car.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Hi Peop's

Blimey!, you'll double that car's value in one hit!!

Reply to
Steve Sweet

--> A responsible smoker...

...cannot exist.

Reply to
Nom

That would be why mine only got a tad whiffy when in use, and de-stinked really easily then.

I do pretty much the same thing, and keep the ashtray cleanish.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Really ? Why not ?

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Because they smoke !

Reply to
Nom

They're mutually exclusive now ? When did that happen and why wasn't I consulted ?

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Correct !

I think it was back in the 60s wasn't it, when they first realised that smoking wasn't a particularly healthy thing to do ?

Reply to
Nom

Wrong !

50's actually, but kept quiet by the tobacco co's.

I smoke, not every day, and not tobacco, I challenge you to tell me why I'm not responsible. :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I can't be arsed :)

Reply to