Chevy air pump?

Hi, my name is Erika and i'm a senior at McCann tech high school in the

Automotive department. This year we had to pick a project and complete it. For my project i decided to replace the 4.3L in my truck with a

5.7L. The project is completely finished except one thing. I can't fingure out where the hose from the air pump goes to. This may seem silly, but i can't figure it out, so if you know please tell me.
Reply to
Erika

Greetings,

Typically there was a hose from the air filter housing (usually after the air was filtered) to the intake of the pump, and a hose from the pump outlet to somewhere on either one or both of the exhaust manifolds. From what I've been told, this was to add extra outside air (and more oxygen) to the exhaust stream to make the catalytic converter work more efficiently and reduce emissions - although I'm not 100% positive on that.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Reply to