I'm so jealous....

::delurks to share, because its funny::

So my friend decides its time to get something to replace his 95 Dakota that he's driven since our senior year in high school (we're both 21 now). So he goes about to tell me, first he wants a newer dodge pick up. then he wants a Chevy aveo, a bmw 325, or a mustang. he pretty much annoys the living day lights out of me with talking about it, because I figure, as a college student, the last thing he needs is a car payment. so then last night he tells me he's going to go buy an Acura tsx today, because he's decided that American cars are made like crap and that jap cars are better off. he then proceeds to ask me if I'd allow myself to be seen in an Acura. I would, being as I had wanted to buy my nephew's Integra a while back, but he wanted too much for it. my friend calls bs on that, saying that I bleed Ford blue (a phrase that has been used to describe the men in the family, save for my brother, the Bowtie man). told him damn right, and the next car I get is either going to be that Mustang I wanted, a Wrangler (I adore my mom's jeep, its fun!), or a Stingray if I can get my hands on a fairly decent running and looking one... all this of course once I get out of college and get a real job.

So, anyway. he calls me up today while I'm wandering around the King Tut exhibit that's down here in Florida to tell me he's going to bring the Acura over to show me. I got home, and he shows up to and comes in the house and shows me the key fob to the car, and I'm thinking "that looks a lot like my key fob..." and my mom opens the door and goes "That Acura looks an awful lot like a Mustang!" He had me going that he had, as we used to put it, gone over to the dark side and got a Japanese car. Instead he got a beautiful 03 GT, leather, automatic in the sparkly dark red (oh, I don't know what color it is, but its not the real red like the focus is, but its not the darkest red Ford puts out). So we went out in it for a few minutes, but didn't really get a chance to run it good, since our other friend had to be at work in at 10.

Best thing about it all, I'll get to drive a Mustang soon. I used to drive his truck, and he kept saying I'd have fun driving his new car. ^_^

patricia

Reply to
Snowy Rose

I'm glad to see he didn't cross over to the dark side. Good luck with him letting you behind the wheel. lol I've never owned a foriegn car and I'm 51, I've only owned 3 cars that weren't Fords.

Reply to
Cobra Boy

Hey the TSX is great car, we like ours alot. Come on, I'm a Ford fan and the Taurus sucks and the 500 cost the same and isn't as nice or handle as well. Unfourunatly we had to have a 4door as our son is a senior in high school.

He has a decked out 2000 Mustang V6 with GT rims, pure duals, Shaker Hood scoop from CNC and NOS soon to be installed as well as 3.73's.

We have put off getting a Mustang until he moves out then it will be a ne GT for me.

Reply to
Mark M

Well, the running gag was my friend was a die hard American car man. when he whipped out with getting either an Acura or a Honda, I and all of our mutual friends were shocked beyond belief. I don't doubt the TSX is nice, I looked one up, pretty slick looking.

patricia

Reply to
Snowy Rose

Yes it is....I'd still rather have an 06 Mustang!

Reply to
Mark M