cutting date for cars and timing belt

I purchased my chevy metro in 1998 brand new. It was made in October

1997. Which year is this car, a 97 or 98 car?

It has run 71,000 miles. I lost its manual, thus cannot find out whether or not the time belt need to be replaced. I remember that its timing belt can last until 100,000 miles. If anyone happens to have the information, please share it with me.

Thanks.

Fuli Chang

Reply to
Fuli Chang

...or on the emmissions sticker. It says "this vehicle complies with motor vehicle standards for model year 199N" GW

Robertwgross wrote:

Fuli Chang wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh