Lack of service from Kia dealers and timing belt failures

Well, here it is Dec 23/06 and the car is still in the shop. That is a

47 days. What disgusting service!! or should I say lack of service.

The dealer also has 2 other Rios in the shop with the same problem. All broken timing belts and all the vehicles are well under the 100,000 km mileage. Thats approx 60,000 miles for you who do not know the metric system.

The service manager says that he would like to have all the Rios in and have the timing belt changed before the car has 80,000 Km (50,000 miles) Also something about updated timing gears. Of course the customer will have to pay for this.

To boot, Kia Canada will not respond to emails. Tried the phone number, but cannot stay on hold forever.

Now I can tell you, based on the service we have here in Alberta, Canada. I would never buy another Kia and would never recommend them to anyone out here. For those of you who have had good luck with your Kia, I am happy for you. For those of you who have received piss poor service from the Kia dealer, especially here in Canada, I would love to hear from you.

Reply to
Peter Luedemann

if this is such a problem and it looks like it is.. try a class action law suit aim willing to bet they will respond in a hurry

Reply to
Tom

Over the space of three years we bought two KIAs. The major problem with them was the dealer. Their service is abominable. They do not stock many of the commonly needed parts and are either unable or unwilling to order them from SK. Until KIA fixes this glitch they will never be a good buy.

Bud

Reply to
BudE

And curiously, whatever I can say about my Kia, the HIGH point has been my dealer.

If Kia hasn't caught on yet that dealer satisfaction is almost everything, if not downright everything, when it comes to consumer satisfaction, they do have a problem.

For my dealer, their parts inventory has been very good, their willingness to work with you, their prices, everything has been exceedingly well done. Do not know why that isn't (and seemingly can'b be) the case everywhere.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt