Dealer attitude

In 2002 I bought two new Chevy's. Both in Phoenix, one from Van Chevrolet, and one from Brown Chevrolet. So naturally I'm on their email lists and they send me all kinds of sales stuff. Been emailing them for a price on a new Colorado. No reply. So I went to their WebPages and got the email address of their internet sales managers and have been blind carbon copying them the emails. No response at all, nothing! Guess car sales are way up right now.

Sold Chevy's in St. Louis for a short time as a part time job. If my manager found out I ignored a possible sale he would of had my hide. Now the dealers act like they are doing you a favor to talk to you. First noticed this in

1984 when I tried to buy a new Ford pickup. One thing after another for two weeks. Ended up walking into a GMC dealer and was in and out with a new truck in about an hour. And got more truck for less money.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Went to saturn of richmond to buy an avalanche. No haggle pricing, they wanted a $299 dealer processing fee, $39 dealer liscense fee and a $10 dmv internet fee. I assumed the $299 fee would cover all. They wanted the $39 to help pay for their dealer liscense. The $10 is what DMV charges a dealer to go on line at the dealership and Process your title. This means that $10 is the total expense for dealer processing. I refused to pay the additional $49 but would pay the $299 and they said everybody pays. I left and will never try to buy anything from any saturn dealer again. Hows that for dealer attitude!!!

Reply to
Chevy Man

Being on disability I am unable to purchase a new car and cant spend much on any car. I went to the dealer I have purchased my last 4 cars from and my daughters have got a total of 3 cars. I did the internet thing and was called back they had something that just came in. My budget was under $4,000.00.

We went and drove it one block and took it back. When turning the tires screamed. I opened the hood and found nuts holding the bar that goes from the top of the struts were very loose.

The next day they called with another car that just came in. This was a 97 LeSabre we drove it and made a deal. The dealer did let me put $500 on an account to be paid in 30 days. They were to clean it up, change the oil, and get the license which I paid for. We picked it up and I found the oil was not changed, and it was not cleaned. We called and got a run around. I wrote the owner and did not get anything back. One week later I wrote a second letter and got a call back from the owner. He said he thought it was taken care of. He told me he would credit my account with $250. I paid the balance, changed the oil, and cleaned the car myself.

Then one month later the car was totaled. Back to this dealer I went and told them I would have a check from my insurance within the week. This time I would have $5,000 for a car. I was told when I have the money come back. Again I went to the owner and he told the salesperson to take care of him. He seemed upset about this again. I never got a call back. Bottom line I will never buy another car from this dealer.

Reply to
Tim

A lot of people, call them internet sales managers if you wish, just are not very effective at e-sales. There are still a lot of people who go in to the job, drink coffee, talk football, and generally screw off. I agree, if this were a dealership attitude, I wouldnt buy there. It isnt specific to GM.

Reply to
HLS