Chevy Dealer Rip-Off - WARNING!!! Be Aware!!!

Warning to everybody that is shopping for a car... especially a Chevrolet!

This has got to be the WORST Chevrolet Dealership in the United States!

Powers Chevrolet out by the Superstition Mall in Mesa, Arizona have a Service Manager named Derek Hadid that seems to be totally focused on ripping off customers! How could ANY sane person be tempted to buy a car from a dealership when they know the service department will refuse to honor a warranty... in FACT, Derek Hadid goes out of his way to harass customers, lie about having responsibility to repair problems under a Chevrolet warranty, and make a statement as dumb as....

"I don't build Chevrolet's so I am NOT responsible to repair them"

How can any person, hired to be the Service Manager of a Chevrolet Dealership, make such a stupid statement? The problem is.... Derek Hadid actually believes that.

I love Chevrolet automobiles.... and I have owned many of them. In fact, I still own a Chevrolet. But it will be a cold day in Hell before Powers Chevrolet gets any money from me. I would drive all the way to Florida to have my Chevrolet serviced, or to buy parts... or anything before Power's Chevrolet will lever see one penny of my money!

How can anybody TRUST a car dealership that would hire a man and place him in a leadership capacity... who's primary goal in life is to rip off customers... Probably to increase his departments revenue so he can increase his own bonus! "Screw the customer" seems to be Derek Hadid's primary focus.

AND... if Power's Chevrolet hired and trained Derek Hadid... and if Power's Chevrolet continues to employee Derek Hadid... and if Derek Hadid is allowed to continually rip off customers... as the Service Department Manager... WHAT does that say about EVERY DEPARTMENT at Power's Chevrolet?

Are you getting screwed by paying too much for a new car? Are Power's Chevrolet Sales people trained to rip off customers... sucking every nickel out of their pocket... and taking a little blood along with your hard earned money.

Power's Chevrolet in Mesa, AZ (by the Superstition Mall) is owned by AutoNation... a giant corporation that is the "largest automotive retailer in the United States". No wonder they are so arrogant and self-serving!

Don't allow yourself... or your friends to get ripped off by Power's Chevrolet... or AutoNation! I believe that if you buy a car from them, you will NEVER get ahead because they won't service it unless you pay through the nose and "warranty" ... General Motors Chevrolet division should yank their franchise... before Power's Chevrolet and their giant parent corporation "AutoNation" destroy the once solid reputation of Chevrolet!

Take Heed America! Don't buy anything from Power's Chevrolet in Mesa Arizona!

Reply to
PhotoJim

I'm going to guess, brake pads. Or maybe a headlight bulb. Or maybe he bought a used Toyota from them.. =o)

Reply to
Bruce Chang

Well, if you really feel that way, post your concise criticisms.

Another good place to get some exposure is

<HLS

Reply to
LoLo

"*" writes in article dated Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:55:16 -0500:

While we're talking about dealer service departments, I'll put in my 2 cents about the ones here in Northern Virginia.

Sterling Chevrolet -- charged me $300 more than quoted for an emissions repair ($1200 vs. $900, probably more than the emissions waiver would have cost but I was being a good citizen). I won't be back.

Pohanka Chevrolet -- good service, ready when promised, parts department is willing to order parts without me paying in advance.

What really takes the cake is what happened to a friend of mine at Koons Ford. It's been 10 years, so I have forgotten some of the details but the gist is this:

  • My friend bought a used Ford Ranger from the Koons used car department.
  • He paid extra for a full warranty, which covered parts and labor for the first year and then parts after that.
  • He had engine problems throughout the first year, took it in several times. They diddled around but didn't really find or fix the problem.
  • After the year was up, the story changed. They told him he needed a new engine. And since it was now more than a year, they told him he had to pay 00 for labor. Sounds to me like they padded the labor price to pay for the engine.
  • It turned out that the engine in the truck was smaller than the smallest stock engine Ford offered that year, the engine must have been from an older Ranger or other vehicle. This alone blows my mind -- how could a Ford dealership have sold a Ford with an inferior-to-stock engine? Of course they failed to disclose this when selling it.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

Reply to
Spud Demon

Sorry, mate... it was indeed a typo. Try

You'll find a lot of interesting information here, as well as the usual crabbing.

Reply to
<HLS

DAMN!!! I can't believe this - a pissed off Chevy owner!! I thought Ford and their dealers were the only ones to do this to their customers??

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Now, in all honesty, how many people do you think would actually disclose this info to a dealer when trading???

Reply to
danyexp

Or Sanderson Ford on the opposite side of the valley, in Glendale, Arizona and Sanderson Lincoln-Mercury in Phoenix.

"It's not a defect because every one of them [cars of that model] has the same defect."

Harold "not so nice" Nicely.

Sanderson sold the car, but I had to go to Sunset Ford to get the factory warranty honored (much better dealership).

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Because the dealer should know better. If the dealer didn't know, then they are not scumbags but I think the major perception is the dealer should know, and therefore, if they sold it without telling the consumer, they are scumbags.

Reply to
Bruce Chang