E-test info to offer

Well I swallowed my pride and did the unthinkable...I put 4ltr of Methal Hydrate in my firefly with $10 gas and did the e-test.. OMG it passed !!!!

Long story short.. it sat 3 years.. and passed its last test . The NO ppm was 345, well I ran it yesterday and it was 1899 !!! the garage said.. converter fro sitting, bla bla $500 to fix.. I said go piss up a tree the damn exhaust is BRAND NEW.. so I read a newsgroup site saying Methal Hydrate plus $5.00 in gas run it on the highway and straight to the e-test so I said $7.95 or $500. Well it worked for me, so if you know your o2 sensor is new egr works and can't seem to pass the test.. give it a try. Its $7.95 at CDN tire for a bottle. I'm not saying do it ,just try it if you run out of options..A buddy of mine has a car that has EVERYTHING NEW and it still failed. He ran the methal hydrate and it passed..barely but dropped i

500 points. Might help somebody out..may piss off a lot of cross posting retards... cheers

p.s Get it out of your tank asap after the test.. or drive off after you add some gas to dilute. Causes lines to rust if left too long. It's basically gas line antifreeze but too much in long usage causes damage. I drank the stuff...I'me finerer lol :)

Reply to
Chevrolet

Sounds to me like the gas in the tank went bad from storage.

I always tell people to buy Name Brand Premium Gas a week or so before the test, drive enough to burn off questionable brew before tuning up. Air filter can be changed anytime before test, trick is to keep new plugs clean.

Reply to
451CTDS