Engine problems

I have a 99 Pontiac firebird which was recently shipped to Germany from the U.S. Before I shipped the car it was fine, when I went to pick up my vehicle and started it up the first time after a couple of weeks it was okay until I went to the gas station. After I filled up the tank thats when it started to sputter and shake alot. I thought it was bad gas so I mixed fuel injector and water remover in the tank. But it just got worse now when I start up the engine, not only does it shake and sputter when I drive but there is also this ticking sound just like a clock. My husband is clueless so any feedback from anyone would be so appreciated. I was thinking because I haven?t driven it in a few weeks, but I guess not. Thanks everyone! :D

Reply to
Shellie

It could be anything from a plug wire fell off to a broken connecting rod= =2E Driving it that WILL destroy the engine, if not already ruined. What are the obdii codes?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I doubt a plug wire fell off because it was OK when she drove it with the original gas. And I don't think a tick or a stumble spells broken connecting rod or will destroy the engine. Maybe the octane is really low. I'd want to find out more about what went into it. Maybe everybody that got gas there that day had the same problem. You could have the fuel drained and try something else. With fuel cost there perhaps somebody would take you old gas for free. I would not drive a lot without getting it checked, depending upon how it runs. That's a judgement call. If it's not stalling and only idleing rough, that's one thing. Stalling and missing as you drive is more serious.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Any possibility you got some diesel instead of gas?

Reply to
MisterSkippy