Envoy service question

I have a 2002 Envoy, although you Trailblazer owners may run into the same thing The dealer does a 30,000 mile service for almost $400 that includes numerous things: new air/fuel filters, numerous inspections of various systems such as cooling, brakes, etc. Couple items on the list caught my eye and made we wonder:

1) "drop" the drive shaft, inspect, and lubricate 2) fuel injector service; detach fuel filter and run cleaner thru injectors, decarbon throttle body, etc

I use good top-tier gasoline, and occasionall Techron, so I'm questioning the need for a fuel injector service at this time.

Secondly, does that sound right about "dropping the driveshaft" and lubing/inspecting it? Have any of you Envoy or Trailblazer owners had that done on a routine 30,000 mi, service?

Thanks for info.

RGB

Reply to
rgb7799remove

As I understand it, Dealerships do different things during their 30k, 50k,

75k,etc inspections; maybe depending upon the area of the country you are in.

Now that being said, this is my philosophy: If you use a top brand name gas, with no problems, you probably shouldn't need a fuel injection cleaning at 30K. JMO. Droping the driveshaft sounds like BS to me.

Any reputable shop 'inspects' all the things you mentioned on a regular '19.95' or similiar oil change. Believe me, they will let you know if anything needs attention. That is how they make money, they don't make much on these cheap oil changes. Bottom line, READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL! It will tell you what service needs to be performed and when. And it usually goes into detail about your driving habits. This should clear up any questions about things like 'droping the driveshaft'

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton