Re: 2002 ENVOY

fan clutch brake staying engaged when starting ,anyone have any ideas what > the fix is?

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

I'd like to see how they rig THAT wire. That fan clutch is filled with a fluid that changes viscosity with temperature. HOW will a software update do ANYTHING to adjust the fan clutch...

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

I didn't realize they were electro-vicous controlled clutch fans, I thought it was still thermo-viscous like on my truck.

Reply to
Mike Levy

As usual, a very informative and helpful post!

Reply to
noname

"Mike Levy" wrote

Hey, neither did I, until I had to pull an engine out of one of these vehicles. It was very strange to see a bundle of wires going into the center of the viscous clutch.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai