FD-47 Fuel Doctor's answer to the energy crisis

See our advertising campaign on Cable Fox News and other fine TV channels. Also, visit our high tech website:

for full information and see for yourself the science behind this revolutionary method to boost fuel economy up to 25%!

To our very few detractors, we have this to say: FD-47 Fuel Efficiency Booster is no scam. The lead-acid storage battery is a big capacitor, true, but it does not filter "hash," the rf (radio frquency) garbage that rides on the D.C. alternator output. It is the rf that adversely affects your Control Module's smooth regulation of fuel flow to port fuel injectors in modern vehicles. Except in new, fresh off the assembly line cars, the fuel pattern typically is course and irregular, not the fine atomized mist necessary for efficient combustion. FD-47 is NOT merely an array of capacitors, but an active Zener filter circuit of propriatary design that strips all hash from the D.C., thus your Control Module receives a clean, flat-line power input. The Module now outputs a steady atomized fuel mist reflected in increased H.P. and M.P.G. We guarantee results or your money back. We would not make an offer like that if we were not sure our customers would be happy with our product.

We remain so confident that our claims are 100% true that we challenge any State or Federal legal entity to prove otherwise; if in the very unlikely event such entity would prevail in a court of law, we stand ready to refund DOUBLE the full purchase price to ALL purchasers of our FD-47 Fuel Efficiency Boosters and DOUBLE any legal expenses incurred by the prosecutorial entities. Now that should quiet our critics once and for all, shouldn't it?

Reply to
webmaster

I thought the answer was Mix-i-go with its secret compound of plutonium and chicken fat!

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

Please enlighten us as to how this device is supposed to do bugger all working through the paper thin lighter/power socket wiring found in most vehicles? If it were connected directly across the battery instead you might, just barely might have a case.

Also the injectors are digital devices in that they are either open or shut so please tell us how smoother power to the ECU is supposed to affect a current regulated peak-and-hold injector driver circuit or one using a simple dropping resistor in such a way as to improve the spray pattern.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

Hey, I've got a bunch of magnets stripped from hard disk drives that will improve my fuel economy by 100%. I'll sell you one for only $10 plus S&H of $10,000. Honest, they work, or I'll return your money (less S&H).

Reply to
PeterD

Not even, horse poop has some value as fertilizer, while this scammer's toy is less than that.

Reply to
PeterD

Few? Hell, virtually everyone thinks you are scammers.

Only true because you say so!

The frequency of this so called 'hash' is not RF, it is in the audio relm.

How? The control module is digital.

So your 'mircle' device won't do didly squat on a new car? Humm, somthing is fishy here.

And the injector fuel pattern is related to electricty how? Clue: it isn't, the injector is either on, or off.

Oh?

Gee, the EE in me wonders what the hell an "active Zener filter" is? Clue: Zener diodes are considered very noisy devices, requiring filtering, they don't filter by themselves.

Man, where have I heard that term 'Propriatory' before? Oh, wait, with every scam that comes along!

Again, what hash?

This mythical Control Module, are you referring to the PCM? If so, I guess you realize that it has its own filter built in, along with regulators, etc. Didn't know that? I'm not surprised!

Except in new cars, as you said above? Again, the signal from teh PCM doesn't affect the pattern of the fuel 'mist'.

Less shipping and handling. Subject to other terms and conditions. The term 'results' is subject to seller's interpertation.

Sure you would. Scammers bank on things like hidden markups in shipping and handling, and the percentage of custoemrs who won't bother to return the bogus device because they are too lazy to return it, or because they are to embarrased to admit they got scammed.

That would be trivial to do.

Nope, won't even slow anyone down a bit.

Sorry Daniel, for jumping into your part of the thread... But your reply below begged me to respond, and I could no longer let the original scammer's post be unmolested.

It won't. It can't. It doesn't. You know that, Iknwo that, adn the scammer knows that.

Actually he would not. It is trivial to put a scope across the battery of a running vehicle and see the waveform and other attributes fo the power system. The scammer knows that most people don't have the skills or equipement to do that. Oh, wait, I do have both: we design electronics for automotive applications and frequently monitor things liek power and even (shudder) injector pulses for problems. And despite what the scammer says, there is no problem there.

Bingo! Daniel wins this game!

Reply to
PeterD

Hint: Automobile manufacturer's have whole floors of engineers who design and test automobiles. One person is going to come along and radically better their design? I don't think so!

Clue: "P.T. Barnum" like wording using large technical sounding words rather than a simple explanation in common language.

As to posting here... Are you fishing for better sounding technical terms? How about "Bipolar Transorb". Also read through stereo system sales material, as they are experts at coming up with technical sounding terms for basic things which the general public will not understand.

Reply to
Bill

You have read up on this stuff. People have invented all sorts of gas saving thing that really really do work, but the oil companies buy them up and keep them off the market. That has been going on for over 50 years that I'm aware of.

You can easily get 150 mpg if you added a water injector, the fan under the carburetor, special oil additives, and drink a pint of Slick 50. Be sure all the molecules are facing the same way too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You missed the main thing, is that you can only drive towards magnetic north, with only about a 1% deviation to get that savings!

Reply to
PeterD

Patents expire after 20 years. Older patents after 17 years. Like with generic drugs. If a product is saleable, other companies will market it after the patent expires.

Reply to
Bill

His post was just a chain jerker.. I thought at first he was serious too, but it was just a very subtle beginning.

Reply to
hls

Inside the Fuel Doctor FD-47:

and

Schematic of the Fuel Doctor FD-47:

The green "Normal" LED will be on if the voltage is above

11.5 volts. The red "Low" LED will be on if the voltage is below 11.5 volts. The green "On/Off" LED is always on.

Is does nothing to improve fuel economy. View the attachments for this post at:

oPossum

The input circuit pretty much betrays the function of this device.

I can see no interaction between this and anything having to do with the car that would influence gas mileage.. Another fraud.

Reply to
hls

[...]

More technical information about the Fuel Doctor FD-47 is available at

oPossum
11.5 volts. > The red "Low" LED will be on if the voltage is below 11.5 volts. > The green "On/Off" LED is always on. > > Is does nothing to improve fuel economy.

It seems as you are not the only one who feels that the Fuel Doctor FD-47 does nothing to improve fuel economy.

WRAL Raleigh, North Carolina - 5 on your side published a story

**** With gas prices in North Carolina averaging more than $3.05 a gallon, products like the Fuel Doctor that promise to increase cars' fuel economy are intriguing.

Ads for the Fuel Doctor ask, "Are gas prices hitting you hard? Introducing Fuel Doctor's revolutionary FD-47. Sources of electrical interference often prevent your vehicle's electronic control unit from sending out steady currents that optimize your engine's speed, timing control and fuel injection."

The Fuel Doctor commercial goes on to say that the FD-47 "fuel-efficiency booster" creates a more stable current, resulting in increased power and improved fuel economy.

Consumer Reports checked out whether the $50 Fuel Doctor really works.

"It claims to have the best effect on vehicles older than two years and also claims to have some effect on vehicles that are newer," David Champion, with Consumer Reports, said.

Commercials for the device say that "certified lab and field tests show increased mpg (miles per gallon) of up to 25 percent."

Consumer Reports tested the Fuel Doctor device in 10 vehicles. Six cars were equipped with a highly accurate fuel-economy meter. Testers then measured fuel efficiency for both city and highway driving.

The other four vehicles were put through acceleration tests to see if the Fuel Doctor increases power as claimed. Then the tests were repeated without the Fuel Doctor.

"We found it made no significant difference at all. The only thing we saw (was) the light was on," Champion said.

Consumer Reports suggested some proven ways to increase gas mileage.

  • Avoid jack-rabbit starts and stops. It can take 20 percent more fuel to accelerate from a full stop than it does from 5 mph. * Don't drive too fast. Every 5 mph you drive over 60 is like paying an extra 20 cents per gallon. * Keep your engine maintained and your tires properly inflated. * Don't carry things on top of your car, including a roof rack, unless necessary.
Reply to
dandy

People have been sucker for scams like this one for years. At least the last 80 to 90 years no less. Articles in old 1920's and 1930's magazines (such as Popular Science) abound about scam 'fuel improvers' that were claimed to improve either the quality of the fuel or the mileage.

The fact that even today people fall for this crap is unbelieveable, but it happens. People buy magnets, plug in fancy lights and other worthless devices all in the quest for a magic solution. With automakers desperate for improved mileage, it is a safe bet that were one of these scams to work they'd have incorporated it into their cars immediately.

Reply to
PeterD