Found the problem with 1995 lesabre starts won't run

Started rechecking all hoses and connections again and noticed a slight movement it the " Stovepipe"? That connects the exaust manifold and the upper plenum just on engine side of the TBI, Gave it a push back into the plenum and wala the engine would start AND run. Evidently there is a fastener that holds the plastic and 0 ring in place into the upper plenum. This seems to be missing. So off to AutoQuest, NAPA, Ect, and see if they can identify the missing piece and order one. I doubt they have one on hand. Guess I don't need a fuel pressure tester after all. Or at least till the next problem comes up. Thanks again to all for the replys, Tom A

Reply to
Tom A

Aww Nice, Went to the local napa store they have no idea about this part. So went to a GM dealer, They too have no listing for this part. Nice. The chilton book does not show this part either. There are no numbers on it either. I now dubb it the GM mystery part. It slips into the end of the exaust manifold right next to the egr with a retaning bolt, Then goes up to the upper plenum on the engine side of the TB. Near the MAF. Connects with about a 1" hole then an 0 ring and hex nut. This nut is supposed to have two tabs on it to hold it into place but they are broke off. Need new nut. GM dealer never heard of this part they say. Oh Well It would just be too easy I guess if they knew this part. Mabey some local boneyard may have one I hope. Later, Tom A

Reply to
Tom A