Re: 1998 Honda Accord problem starting but eventually starts

Decided to take the car into the shop on Wednesday. They looked at it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Came back into town from the holiday, went to pick up the car from the shop firsDt thing this morning and it didn't start. Same symptoms! So now they are attempting to troubleshoot again. Thanks for all of the replies, I don't know what to do if the shop can't figure out what is wrong, I guess replace the wires, dist cap and plugs is a good start. PS: Car has 113,000 miles

Reply to
phb3

couldn't find anything wrong with it. Came back into town from the holiday, went to pick up the car from the shop firsDt thing this morning and it didn't start. Same symptoms! So now they are attempting to troubleshoot again. Thanks for all of the replies, I don't know what to do if the shop can't figure out what is wrong, I guess replace the wires, dist cap and plugs is a good start.

"Not starting" can mean so many things -- I don't see previous posts so you'll need to be more specific and actually tell us about the symptoms. Does the starter turn the car over but the car doesn't start? Or when you turn the key nothing happens? Check

and follow the not starting suggestions. Then report back with the findings.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

couldn't find anything wrong with it. Came back into town from the holiday, went to pick up the car from the shop firsDt thing this morning and it didn't start. Same symptoms! So now they are attempting to troubleshoot again. Thanks for all of the replies, I don't know what to do if the shop can't figure out what is wrong, I guess replace the wires, dist cap and plugs is a good start.

-------------------------------

There's no need to 'troubleshoot it' Your fuel rail holds several ounces of pressurized fuel. It will slowly leak into the engine and totally flood it. That's why (when you got it to start) it took a while to run properly, as you described. It probably blew a black cloud too.

Read my previous post: It happened to me, and cost me a major headache until i figured it out when i read the Owner's Manual . . .

Stop throwing money at it. Show the dealer this message if they are clueless.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

couldn't find anything wrong with it. Came back into town from the holiday, went to pick up the car from the shop firsDt thing this morning and it didn't start. Same symptoms! So now they are attempting to troubleshoot again. Thanks for all of the replies, I don't know what to do if the shop can't figure out what is wrong, I guess replace the wires, dist cap and plugs is a good start.

I didn't see his previous post. If that's what was going on: good advice - follow it.

Reply to
Remco

were these the cars that had a run of intermittent fuel pump relays?

Somebody posted a web sire about how to resolder the joints...

Mark

Reply to
Mark

True, that is a common problem but most likely not related to this one:

if he has the car coughing to life with a black cloud puffing out of the exhaust most likely the car is flooded. A leaky injector will cause that - Curly's right on the money with his suggestion.

He must have made another post at some point relating the same problem. When one posts, it is good to tell the whole story so that no one is wasting time answering.

Reply to
Remco