fuel

when i try to put fuel into my 2005 gmc jimmy. I have a hard time because the gas wont go into the car the gas pump just keeps actimg like the tank is full but i know it isnt. Also the gas light indicator is on telling me that it needs gas but i cannot put gas into it . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
mingmye

Take a good look at the tank and the fill piping/hose. Make sure it is not kinked and tank not falling off. Low fuel light may not be related to the fill problem - unless the tank is falling off.

Reply to
« Paul »

a 2005 GMC Jimmy-unless over on the miles, I would contact the dealer and see about taking care of it under warranty. Even if your over on the miles hopefully they would take care of it under their 'goodwill' policy. I would'nt spend any time or money until I contacted GM. My thought is that there could be two separate issues. The gauge is a popular problem on all these 'new body' style blazers(normally 96-98 and up), normally the 'sending' unit in the gas tank. The fill problem could be anything-but most likely either of the two prevoius responses. Good luck- Merry Christmas! snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

=AB Paul =BB wrote:

Reply to
jerry

I totally agree with Jerry. Check with the dealer. Even if their 'goodwill' fails to come into play, & if beyond the 36000 miles, fuel tanks may be covered under an extended warranty on things related to emissions. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

I had a car that was difficult fill also. I had to experiment with different angles on the fuel nozzle and not put the nozzle in all the way, for a smooth fill. Once I learned the trick it was OK.

Foster

foster

I'm not sure this is current, but a lot of manufactures used to put an 'anti-siphon' spring in the gas take fill tube. Depending on how the spring fits in that tube, it can cause turbulence that can interfere with filling operations. Probably just causing splashing with the air venting from the tank now putting gas drops back on bad parts of the nozzle assembly. Anyway, you could see if that's the case, and if the dealer could relocate the spring further into the tube.

Reply to
Mike Y

Try looking into the tank after it looks like it is full.

Use Zippo lighter for instant results

Reply to
Gosi