GM Advertising Is Insane

I own a couple 3800 II engines. What recall are you referring too HLS? I like to keep up to date on these things, but don't recall anything from that month.

Reply to
80 Knight

No, you shouldn't have, because I use the same measurements as you. Everything I said above is true. You and I have been over this before. Do a google search, and you will see that 30+MPG on the 3800 Series II is very common.

Reply to
80 Knight

I was a little shocked too. I found it, I believe, on Wikipedia. I am not sure what it entails. If I get a little time, I will try to home in on it.

Reply to
hls

We never got close to that, Knight. We could get about 26 mpg on the highway. This was a 1998 LeSabre, Series II, and these were repeatable measured values.... I dont know why it got so much less than yours.

Reply to
hls

The reference to the Series II recall was reported in the following link:

It was for fire hazard.

Reply to
hls

Ah yes, that recall. Unfortunately, GM didn't see fit to include the Bonneville's in the recall. Last year, my 1996 Bonneville burnt to the ground.

Reply to
80 Knight

Mine were Bonneville's, so the only thing I can think of is perhaps the transmission gearing was different. Even my current supercharged 1997 Bonneville (and my previous 1996 supercharged Bonneville) usually get between 26 and 29 MPG on the highway.

Reply to
80 Knight

Why did it burn?

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

That was never figured out. It definitely started under the hood, but beyond that, I haven't a clue. GM told me it wasn't there problem, and there was no recall on my car. That, and even if it was due to the parts involved in the recall, those parts were completely gone.

Reply to
80 Knight

That was dates April 2009, did GM honor it or welch on bankruptcy?

Reply to
Canuck57