GM annual shareholders meeting set in Detroit

GM annual shareholders meeting set in Detroit

Jim_Higgins

When I vote on the boards, but will not on GM as I own zero, I always limit my votes to executives that have at least their salary in shares. If they make $3M/year, I expect them to OWN $3M in shares. Options excluded.

Hey, if they don't trust the companies performance why should I trust them or the company?

Reply to
Canuck57

We have seen management fake reports and borrow money to hike up stocks so their own stocks get more value and they do it for years and create a lot of goodwill on the balance sheets to fake the companies worth.

That killed a lot of high flyer companies like GM and there are many other examples of big companies that have no control over the finances and it is unbelievable that such fiction is allowed to continue with government backing and the only reason is that people in government are in on the fake and corruption.

Reply to
Bjorn

Yep, I am just waiting for GM to destroy AmeriCredit with too many bad loans.

Yep, corrupt government, inept manage, greedy unions and fewer $$$ for expensive cars....GMs future is bleak.

Reply to
Canuck57

Bring in government and you get inept and corrupt.

Look at japan and their nuclear.

I bet it is the same all over.

The nuclear goes well as long as nothing happens but when something goes wrong everything goes south.

It was similar with the space shuttle and the first were good and made by private then government took over and began cutting costs and what happened then was NASA (Need Another Seven Astronauts)

Reply to
Bjorn

Nearly half the population of Detroit are unable to read, research has revealed.

The study, released by the Detroit Regional Workforce Fund, found that

47 per cent of adults in the Motor City are =91functionally illiterate=92.

That means they struggle to complete daily tasks such as reading a bus timetable, filling out a job application form or reading a label on a medicine bottle.

Shockingly, virtually the entire illiterate population had completed elementary school =96 the level at which reading is theoretically taught.

The report noted that half of the illiterate population had either a high school diploma or a GED.

Reply to
Bjorn