GM China built 3.4L V6

As GM sinks to new lows I read they now send their 3.4L V6 made in China to NA for install in local vehicles. The Equinox contains this very FOREIGN GM engine.

Reply to
Just Facts

List of GM engines

Here They Come
Complete list of GM engines

Jim Higgins

You get a 2 out of a possible 10 on the Troll-Meter. Now, f*ck off.

Reply to
80 Knight

Now send? This is old news. They can have the nasty 3400 BTW the Equinox AFAIK is and has always been made in china. It replaced the rebadged Geo Tracker.

You can find the production source and application of every current GM engine here

HeatWave

Although this is a nice site, I found no reference to a 3.4 litre engine, nor did I find any reference to where the individual engines are made.

I read the original post to mean that GM is importing these engines from China. I hadnt heard this before, nor did I think any cars were being imported from China to the USA (yet). China had intended to enter the market, but has pulled back recently. It was reported that they did not feel their cars were ready to compete for the American market as the Japanese have done successfully.

Reply to
hls

You have to goto the truck section and open the SS link which contain all the details in a XLS file

Here

HeatWave

Wikipedia's entries for the 3.4l GM engine are much more readable and organized. Here is a short quote:

The 3.4 L LNJ is a modified version of the normal 3400 engine. It includes

a modified intake manifold, oil pan, engine cover, and fuel system as well as

electronic throttle control. It is built in Shanghai, China and imported to the

United States for use in the Chevrolet Equinox and Pontiac Torrent.

See:

Hopefully the "modified intake manifold" does so in such a way as to solve the intake manifold gasket failure problem which has plagued many of the GM 60 degree V-6 engines over the past few decades.

Reply to
John Horner

Don't like facts eh! You must just keep buying GM, thinking you are supporting USA workers. There are dummies and there are dummies who don't want to learn.

Reply to
who

No, I don't like people who go into newsgroups just for the purpose of Trolling.

Actually, I happen to live 10 minutes from GM's plant - the world's Number 1 car plant - in Oshawa, Ontario. GM supports my family, and everyone else in this and the surrounding city's.

And there are Trolls such as 'Just Facts' and yourself.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
team3m

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 19:52:41 +0000, Just Facts got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

...and I drive a Mexican truck, a 2006 Avalanche.

Your point?

Reply to
PerfectReign