Opels to Come to the US as Saturns in 2008

I think this is a smart move. Make Saturn into the GM Europe importer. While they are at it, give Saab to the Saturn dealer network as well. Saab has perhaps the worst dealer network of any brand in the US and Saturn has one of the best.

John Horner

Won't be the first time GM has sold Opels under a different badge in the U.S.

Reply to
Steve W.

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 16:23:45 +0000, John Horner got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

I thought Saturns were Opel cars. AFAIK, my wife's VUE is an Opel Antara. The ion was an opel ellipse.

Reply to
PerfectReign

Everything but the S-series. I like the SW2's and 4cyl Vue's.

Reply to
HeatWave

HeatWave wrote in news:MPG.1fe3b58bfaaf5ba5989772@news- server.woh.rr.com:

The L series Saturns are also Opels as well as the Venture/Montana/Olds Silhouette minivans. If I were buying a midsize car, I'd get a Saturn L series with the 2.2 ecotec or the Chevy Malibu with the ecotec.

Reply to
grappletech

Where do you get this info from? The GM minivans are not Opels.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai