GM Still Doesn't Get It!!!

snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Jeff) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.chesapeake.net:

REALLY? Now your what I call a loyal no-brainer.

Reply to
tango

I don't know about the constant GM bashing. Let's look at the simple facts. Look at the Cadillac CTS and compare it to the BMW 3 series even today. The CTS beats it in all of its numbers. Its Incident per thousand vehicle number is around 110 or something....well below the average and right in the Toyota range. Someday we have to wake up and realize that there are very few American car companies still around. When the time has come that GM is actually building vehicles that meet the industry standard for quality and still continue to be bashed despite the numbers; that day will soon pass and we will be left to purchase our vehicle from outside sources. (IE Televisions etc.)

Vehicles are complex items and will have failures, but we owe it to our American friends and neighbors who support and work in the auto industry to investigate the numbers and facts before we work to drive them under or throw unsubstantiated statements about. Many people who read these trash sessions will simply buy a Toyota or a Mercedes. What a shame when Mercedes' average quality is quite a bit lower than the GM average today. Take a look at JD Power and judge for yourself.

Reply to
Scott Simon

My " brief voyage " into non domestic built cars was for two reasons that had nothing to do with the quality of the car. It had to do with dealership methods of sale and service.

  1. They wouldn't give me a price on the car. 'make an offer' and get laughed at when your neighbor tells you they paid a thousand less than you for the same car. (The need to keep the price out front.) That has been addressed?
  2. The service departments couldn't deliver on parts without ordering from across the country (for something as simple as a muffler pipe) and when it came in it was the wrong part.

The car I wanted at the time was a beauty, I wanted that car. Yet my experiences lead me to (I'm sorry to say,) purchase a n> snip

Reply to
Wooduuuward

You though across the country (for something as simple as a muffler pipe) and when it came in it was the wrong part was bad. Wait till you need one that has to come from across the ocean and you see the price tag. LOL.

mike hunt

Wooduuuward wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Reply to
Wooduuuward

Next year you can get antique car plates and insurance and save even more money LOL

mike hunt

Wooduuuward wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2