GM Unhappy With New Buick Ads: Report (VIDEO, POLL)

Does anyone under 65 actually own a Buick?
GM Unhappy With New Buick Ads: Report (VIDEO, POLL) http://tinyurl.com/l7bw3f
What image should the bailed-out General Motors project to the world?
AutoBlog passes along a report from Automotive News (subscription required) that GM's VP of marketing Bob Lutz is already unhappy with new Buick ads that are aimed at young, hip buyers. Here's AutoBlog:
"Both Lutz and GM CEO Fritz Henderson don't believe the commercial positions Buick as a luxury brand that competes with Lexus. They have told GM's ad agency, Leo Burnett, that it needs to do better. However -- and here's where it gets convoluted -- the ad was created by an independent shop that Leo Burnett was told to hire to do the work."
The ad, a spoof on a beach side photo shoot, features a pretentious director who says of the Buick, "She's had work done." Later in the spot, the director addresses the car: "You've changed - and I love it!"
What do you think of the ad? Is this the right image for Buick as a brand? Will these ads help the brand compete with Lexus? Should GM be worried? WATCH and VOTE below:
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Yes, it was a dumb ad, IMO. It would not influence me either way. :

Give me a break. How many "good" ad's have you seen? It had catchy music, and was kind of humorous. It's just an ad people, seriously.

Why bother worry about it? The car looks more like something Dodge would produce, so there's no point in chasing Lexus.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

As well, I've owned a few over the years and I'm now only 56. I owned them in my 30's and 40's. No way I would buy one of the Dodge look-alikes today though.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:40:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

We can't count that friend's son, as he probably got it because that was all he could afford (or it was a good deal...)
As for you, some age faster than others! Could be you are 47 going on 67, right? <bseg>

Pete,
My friends son got a 95 Century because, A. His father had a 92 Century and B, the lady was selling the 95 at a pretty good price - but right off the bat it needed close to $1800.00 work.......
The 92 went to the junkyard about two weeks ago minus just about everything that bolted on the body.
Incedently I was 21 when I bought my 68 LeSabre convertible.
harryface 91 Bonneville 318,876 05 Park Avenue 86,285

I used to as in past tense. It wasn't near good enough experience to get repeat customers. 5 times in the shop for transmission repair with less than 20,000 on the odo. Needless to say the replacement wasn't a GM.

Gee I hope it was not one of the those sludged up engine Toyotas. LOL

Perhaps, but only because you can easily find a Canadian Toyota buyer who is dumb enough to buy a car that needs an engine LOL