GM would be better of with just two domestic brands

I for one have no problems with Toyota's. Over the last few years I have owned a number of them. Every one bought for less then $500, and every one needing a major Repair of some sort.

Looking at Toyota's realistically. After so many years items start to wear. Owners who do not do proper preventitive mantianace and keep driving them with issues, lead them them needing a major repair. Toyota's, just like ANY car or truck have problems in the under 50K mile range. This is why the auto makers have warantees, and dealership service departments to handle such issues.

I have know Toyota owners who have had bad experiances. I have known many more who have had good experiances.

Yet just like with GM products, alot of the good vs the bad comes down to the dealership. A good dealer will work hard to solve an issue, and make sure the custom is happy. A bad dealer doesn't care either way, as long as they get their sare from the service departments billing of the warantee.

Since 1967 my family has bought new GM vehicals (my father, my mother, my self) over 30 new vehicals in total. A few had problems that would not go away. One or two just were bad designs that you didn't notice untill you drove them for a while.

The only New GM purchase I think we have been less then satisfied with was the previous buick century. Which had 2 intermitiant issues that were never repaired. When that car was totaled in an accident I bought a used one of the same year, make, model, and color. I have not been 100% pleased with it either.

If I could afford to purchase a band new car, and had my chiose between a brand new Toyota or Lexus, vs. a Brand New Pontiac or Buick, I would buy a GM. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Hi:

Why not buy a Ford?

I've had the pleasure of working on them daily for the past four weeks, and they are plagued by electrical problems that are worse than the English Lucas electrical systems.

no wonder why they bought up most of British Leyland, so they'd have an excuse for their poor electrical systems and even worse excuse of a ECM/BCM.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King