GMC Jimmy Seat

1998 GMC Jimmy with the drivers leather seat has a wear spot from getting in and out of it. I am off work on disability so money is a problem. I hate to get a cheap Wal-Mart type seat cover. I have looked at the seats and it appears I could swap the front seat and make a quick fix it until and I get a new leather replacement.

Can these be swapped out. The drivers seat is power, but the controls on a removable plastic type panel.

Reply to
Tim & Linda

I just purchased the base only part of the leather seat on a 99 Suburban. The wholesale price on it was about $270. The customer had an upholstery shop put a new panel in the worn area, but they did not do a good job, so I ordered the new seat cover from the dealer. The replacement panel was $160 material and labor. If you can find a good upholstery shop that would be the least expensive way. Also that cover may not be available anymore. On vehicles that age when the specialty parts like this are sold out, that is the end of them from the dealer. GM has the worst leather seats on the market, had a 93 Dodge Mini-van with leather seats and they were like new when it was sold with 180K on it. Hope the info. helps.

Warren

Reply to
wyoung

I was thinking I would never pay for leather seats again.

Thanks but I am still leaning toward switching them if possible.

Reply to
Tim & Linda