CJ7 Front Seat Problem

I've got an '85 CJ7 and the front seat keeps falling backwards. I've heard this is very common on these seats and before I go and replace it ...is there any way to fix it? It's the original leather-like black CJ seat and it's in pretty good shape. I'd hate to just get rid of it.

Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

It's in pretty good shape except for one detail, it's broken.

You have to open it up to see if you can fix it, but normally it's busted and can not be fixed.

Reply to
CRWLR

Any ideas of a Jeep Grand Cherokee leather seat will fit without too many problems?

Reply to
griffin

Sorry, not a clue on that one.

It should fit fine, but you may lose the power features. My guess is that you will have to take the seat off of the track that houses the power options, then bolt the seat to the manual track in the CJ.

I have seats from a Ford Escort in my CJ5, and they dropped right in. I think I needed to drill two holes, and that's it.

Reply to
CRWLR