GMC Safari

I have a 96 GMC Safai that I want to replaced the engine. Looks like I have to remove the body from front frame to do this, it this correct? The core support does not have the removable piece that older ones do. So it would have to go out the bottom. Am I missing something? I'm trying to get a factory service manual but cannot readily locate one economically.

Thanks for any advise.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

"Kevin" wrote

There is an upper rad support kit available for these. You can cut out the existing rad support upper section and then the new kit allows you to bolt in a new upper support. You will have to do some digging for this kit, as I haven't seen them used for a while. We have the hoists and equipment to just drop the subs and powertrain out the bottom...easy if you have the equipment.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai