Harry Face and 300,000 miles...

Mr. Harry Face,

Just wanted to say that I've lurked around here for a few years now and occasionally have fits of posting, but always enjoy reading your and everyone else's posts. I've been waiting for your Bonne to hit 300,000 miles for a while and I see that it's getting close. I'll personally prepare a toast the moment I see your post indicating you've made it to 300,000! Cheers to you and all others here on alt.autos.gm. Oh yeah, and I guess an early Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays (whichever each of you prefers) to all!

Roger

Reply to
Roger Maxwell

mine 1993 Bonne hit 200,000 miles today with same engine and tranny. Hoping to get a few more years out of it.

Reply to
Paul

While the car gets closer & closer to 300,000 miles its going to cost some more $$$ to make sure it sees 300,000.

I replaced the EGR Valve yesterday. Code 63 is now gone. Tonight the car is running even worse. Loss of power. I think the ignition module is acting up. I'm going to borrow a " Test Module " from a goodwrench I know at Chevy.

I was in a " questionable " neighborhood tonight shooting old neon signs on Chicago's northside when I was starting to wonder if this car was going to conk out. Luckily it didn't .

I doubt I'll hit 300, 000 this month. Target date is January 15ish as that has been the dates of 250,000 & 275,000.

I'm going to Ohio for a Christmas party, but thats about a 676 mile round trip

For the last month or so the car & I have been visiting dealers, looking at 03/ 04 Town Car's, Marauders, Maquis, 05 Stangs, 03/04 DeVille's, Suburban's and Park Avenues.

Happy Holiday's to you. If I don't finish the bottle of whiskey beforehand then I'll have to buy another one for the " night of the toast ".

A friends 2000 PT Cruiser hit 100,000 miles last month to no fanfare or well wishes. ; - (

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,998 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

yes,I would love to see some pics of the car after it hits the 300,000 mark

never saw one go that far before...... although my 1992 caprice wagon has

225,000 on it, and 70,000 on the current motor.
Reply to
Markansas

I haven't been to this group for a very long time, decided to pop in.

I always watched HF's mileage too. Even if the car died today, that's one heck of an achievement!

My 1995 Pontiac GA hit 141,000 recently which to most is no big deal. What makes it nice to me is it's a DOHC Quad Four with NO Head or gasket problems to date. No tranny problems to date. Only a Hub bearing and Ball joint replacment since 100k.

Hope you get there and beyond Harry!

I've seen in the local paper once that some guy with an Astro cleared

400K miles with no major work done. (whatever that means) All documented paperwork. Fantastic nontheless.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

"Tony V." wrote: > I haven't been to this group for a very long time, decided to > pop in. > > I always watched HF's mileage too. Even if the car died today, > that's > one heck of an achievement! > > My 1995 Pontiac GA hit 141,000 recently which to most is no > big deal. > What makes it nice to me is it's a DOHC Quad Four with NO Head > or gasket > problems to date. No tranny problems to date. Only a Hub > bearing and > Ball joint replacment since 100k. > > Hope you get there and beyond Harry! > > I've seen in the local paper once that some guy with an Astro > cleared > 400K miles with no major work done. (whatever that means) All > documented > paperwork. Fantastic nontheless. > > Tony

When I came to this group I thought it was bragging rights that my 92 Bonne had just over 150K. Then I saw HF?s milage and figured I better brag about my LOW milage?

Reply to
LeBuick