Help..Engine speed too high

I have a 1985 Cadillac DeVille where the engine speed is too high. This vehicle will reach 40 mph without even pressing down the accelerator. The engine has recently had a tune up and there are no error codes present.

What would cause this type of situation, and is there anything that I can do to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
BSE 1968

Check for vacuum leaks or a bad PCV valve.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

Reply to