Help! No brake lights

Hi folks, I hope someone can help me noodle this out. I have 1996 Buick Regal 3.8 (I love this car!). After one of my co-workers nearly tail-ended me today, I was informed that I had no brake lights, though the high-mount (rear window light) is still working. I verified that the brake lights were indeed not working. The park lights work, the turn signals work but the brake lights do not. Obviously, the brake switch is ok as the high-mount works. The brake lights and the high mount are on the same fuse (I think)... so not a fuse problem. I pulled apart the lights and did find some corrosion on the little prongy things (forgive me, I'm not any kind of expert on this) so I replaced the bulbs but this did not resolve the problem. I also noticed some corrosion in the socket. Could this be the problem? Wouldn't that cause problems with the turn signals too? Thanks in advance for any ideas. I'm really scared to drive until I can get this fixed. Liz

Reply to
Li