Ignition Problem

I have a 1999 Buick Regal with approximatly 104000 miles on it. most of the time you have to turn on the right turn signal to get the car to
start. sometimes you have to have the right signal on and drop it to the left turn signal and the dash will light up then you can start it. and on some occasions if you just leave the turn signal switched to the right it will cause all of the dash lights to come on then you can start it.I took it a shop and they told me they could find nothing wrong but it did do the same thing from them. They wanted to start with replacing the key, ignition, and if that did not work then do the turn signal switch. if anyone has had this problem in the past or knows how which item it is most likly to be please let me know.
Thanks IceMan
Sounds like it is running Microsoft Windows. You have to due unrelated steps to get it to what you want. Remember the old "if Windows were a car" joke?
Seriously, it does sound like a bad connection around/in the ignition switch. Moving a nearby control disturbs it. John

left
right
took
most
I believe the ignition switch in the regal is in the dash, so it may not be disturbed by the turn signal switch, but I have no further guesses to offer.
My recommendation, however is to take the car to a shop that can do an actual diagnosis. If the shop where you took it was able to make the problem occur longer than momentarily, the should have been able to check the system for what was occurring.
A scan tool which can read your PCM and BCM may also turn up some codes. Also try a search of GM tsb's.
I have seen this before but on 97's & 98's. If it is the same, there is a connector to the right of the column just below the dash that the wiring from the ignition switch and turn signal switch go into. It has a small bolt in the center of the connector to hold the 2 parts together tightly. It may be loose. You can follow the ribbon cables from the column to this connector. Let me know if that is it. If not, I would most likely say the ignition switch is bad. At least checking the bolt is free.

left
right
took
most