Covert Buick in Austin

Dont use this place. I tried to call them to find out what could be wrong with a Buick and they refused to answer any questions unless I brought it in to them. The problem is when I turn on the right turn signal the dash board lights up (all lights go on) and the engine dies. sometimes you have to turn on the Left signal to get it to start again. it is really wierd and anyone who has expierience this in the past I would appreciate you letting me know how to resolve it.

IceMan

Reply to
IceMan

I probably would not try to advise you on how to repair such problems either. Instead asking you to bring the car in.

I would hazard to guess that the wires for the turn signal switch and the wires for the ignition switch are contracting. When you engage the right side of the switch,it sounds like the ignition is being turned to OFF, then going back to ON. When you engage the left side, it sounds like it will let the ignition switch engage the starter.

To me that sounds like a serious problem. Not one that I would feel confident in advising the average customer to attempt to repair with out inspecting it for my self.

If your looking for a Great Buick dealer, I personally had a good experience with Cavender Buick in San Antonio. I took my first 1998 Century there for warrantee repair. The found 3 other issues my home dealer all said I had Imagined. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Well, given the problem described, I think they were very professional in their answer. Let's be reasonable, how would you expect them to say anything without running any diagnostics?

Reply to
Neo

Kind of like asking a doctor on the phone:

Hey Doc, I have a headache in the stomach. Could you give me an idea what could be wrong?

Refinish King

PS

Maybe our resident Doc can answer the headache in the stomach question?

Reply to
Refinish King

Ah, they are guilt of not being able to diagnose subtle electrical problem by telephone and for free ... boy, what a crime!

Not, John

Reply to
John Horner