Intake Manifold Gasket -- '92 Buick Riviera 3.8L?

Hello, we have an extremely clean '92 Buick Riviera 3.8L that's starting to show some white/gray foamy muck around the intake. The dealer indicated that the intake manifold gasket needs replacing. As you can imagine this is a pricey repair, mostly labor.

I've done water pumps, timing chains, and other similar engine repairs on earlier model GM's, so I am considering doing this job? Any advice, pointers, resources, etc.? Will it be necessary to have the AC evacuated/recharged? Is this a common repair for the 3.8L Buick (I was told so)?

Thanks,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

Welcome to the club of the "GM Famous Intake Gasket Failures". Our MOTTO is "If it hasnt happened yet...it will"

Reply to
Maccaca

Reply to
Shep