Is my transmission shot?

So, I was driving home today when my 95 Cavalier started making a clunky kind of noise every time I stepped on the gas. Eventually it sounded like something may have fallen off of the car, and then the car hesitated quite a bit afterward. I luckily lived close by and parked the car ASAP. My husband went out to look at it and said I have no reverse. Im assuming this means my transmission is shot? Help!

Reply to
ldr29

Help, you ask? What kind of help do you want. Need a ride to work? Want to borrow money the get it fixed?

Chances are the tranny needs fixing and that can run from $250 to $2500. Given the age of the car I'd consider getting one from a junk yard as it is probably not worth spending big bucks on a 13 year old car. Sometimes you get lucky and it is a minor repair, but not often, it seems.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Can only say on past history with my Jimmy. Reverse went out and shifted hard. Fix was $1,500 four years ago.

Reply to
Tim

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

If you did that to confuse me, it worked.

Reply to
Tim