Is the Hummer "greener" than the Prius?

NiMH don't like to be discharged much above 1C either. LiPo can handle 6C, but no one uses them in cars.

Reply to
Matthew T. Russotto

We don't throw out that which is useful just because some Frenchified academics feel otherwise.

Reply to
Matthew T. Russotto

I think you mean "calculations are so much easier in SI" !

What's a slug btw ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Wrong by nearly 3:1.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

What's so useful about a system that uses multiples of 3, 8, 12, 16 etc... between adjacent units ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

1) The entire country is surveyed in those units 2) There are a plethora of useful integer-valued approximations.
Reply to
Matthew T. Russotto

How so? I've seen a couple Hummers flipped onto their sides or top after altercations with cars (which remained upright).

Reply to
jcr

Yes, and I bet the Hummer wasn't crushed like a tin can either. Would you really want to be rammed by a truck while in a Prius? Think before you answer.

Reply to
80 Knight

Exactly. You can't.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

They probably picked it because it's readily available and, at 12V, it can run all the car's accessories. And perhaps a charge leaks off it slwoer than off a NiMH.

Reply to
dh

Suffering from reading comprehension problems?

Toyota's engineers could.

Idiot.

Reply to
dizzy

I would rather be in the Hummer if the Hummer is doing the ramming.

My wife saw a Hummer rammed by a relatively small car a couple of years back and the Hummer flipped over onto it's top. The people in the car faired better in that scenario. So I guess the answer is "it depends".

Reply to
jcr

Not to mention that Hummers are more likely to flip over if they go off the side of the highway or in high-speed maneuvers.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Depends on what your wife meant by "small car". Either way, I think I would take my chances with the Hummer.

Reply to
80 Knight

How fast was the small car going? A Mini Cooper doing 100mph can do a lot of damage, equal to or greater than a full sized car doing only 20. E=MCsquared.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

E = MC^2 (E = Energy, M = mass of the object converted to energy, C = the speed of light in a vacuum, ^ 2 means squared) means that matter can be converted to energy and vice versa. This equation is only relevant here if either the Mini Cooper is blows up in an atomic explosion. Last I check, Mini Coopers are not made of uranium.

The relevant equation is E = 0.5 MV^2, where the kinetic energy E = the mass of the object M, and V = the velocity of the object.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Gee, yer smrt.