Leaking fuel injector in 95 cavalier 2.2L

I've got a friend with a 95 Cavalier w/2.2L and the first cylinder (closest to the fuel pressure regulator) seems to be leaking gas (to the outside). We've tried pulling the injector and replacing the o-rings, but to no avail. (We also pulled one of the other injectors, replaced those rings, and it sealed back up perfectly, so I don't think that I'm doing it completely wrong...)

Any ideas what I should try to fix the leak?? Would a faulty injector exhibit this? Or, should I be looking at the fuel injector bracket being bent (and pulling that injector out slightly)?

Any other suggestions??

Thanks.

---Scott

Reply to
Scott Hunt

double check those O rings for cuts. The slightest imperfection in the rubber will casue it to leak. I had one damaged on my Z -24 by my mechanic. Lucky he had a few o rings in his tool box the night he was working on my car at 11pm.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~267,300 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face