Malibu 2004

Suddenly, this morning, the horn on my 2004 Malibu has quit to function. Not only on the steering wheel but also the remote Lock and Unlock functions are silent. Is there anything a rank amateur could look for and fix?

Grateful for any lead.

Thanks!

Hans

Reply to
Hans

Start by checking the fuse.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thanks Steve!

(when I said amateur it could have been an understatement...)

Reply to
Hans

And if the fuse is OK I'd check the connections at the horn itself. You could also tap on the horn while pressing the remote to activate it. If someone had a volt-ohm-meter they could check for voltage to the horn and continuity within the horn itself. The horn relay is another suspect.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I just came back from the dealer, who replaced the burned out fuse. The horn is working fine now! No charge - it was still under waranty.

Thanks all!

Reply to
Hans