map lights on rear view mirror: 01 Impala LS

Hello All:

Both map lights on my rear view mirror are out. I assume I have power to the mirror, for the auto dimmer LED is lit.

Probably not the bulbs themselves, since BOTH sides are out, and probably not both switches, also.

If they are bulbs, how are they replaced?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice, and have a nice day,

Bill

Reply to
billccm

My guess is the lens is pryed out with a small screw driver.

Don't be surprised if it is the switches on the mirror. Both switches went bad on mothers overhead map lights in her Caddy, and she never uses them and she don't drive at night & read in the dark either.

good luck

harryface

05 Park Avenue 49,889 91 Bonneville 307, 334
Reply to
Harry Face

It is the connector, or harness going into the rear view mirror. I can slightly tap the harness wire's and get the lights to blink on and off.

Why don't little things like this fail on Toyotas? How do they make a harness last the life of the car, and GM cannot?

Now I have to figure how to solder a new harness on, or get the mirror off.

Thanks for the replies.

Bill Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
billccm