Metro

Hi, has anyone had to repair the front subframe on a Geo/Chevy Metro. 3 Door hatchback, 1.3L Auto. My wifes just broke at the point above the control arm. Wondering ifanyone has an idea what that will cost to repair. This has been an incredibly reliable car and we don't want to junk it at the first serious problem that can be remedied not to expensively.

Thanks for replies.

Reply to
Mike Bowden

I don't even know what your subframe looks like in the area where it's broken. I think it depends on whether it's broken by cracking or broken because it rusted out. If it's rust there may well be other bad spots. If you can't do such work yourself I would shop it around to some body shops in your area. Be prepared for outright rejection. Just move on because there are those shops that would tackle it. The cost might exceed the value of the vehicle to you.

Reply to
Al Bundy