MIL Mass Air Sensor-Bonneville

1999 SuperCharged Bonneville. Engine cuts-out, stumbles and the Check_eng Light comes on. Code (336 ?) indicates Low input voltage related to the Mass Air flow sensor. Is this a direct Cause 'n Effect, or could something other than the Mass Air Flow Sensor be the cause ? (the AirFilter is clean. Any advice is appreciated.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Starr

Low input voltage is the voltage going in:

So I would check the relay, the wire and connector at the sensor. Check the manual to see which is the input, and take a voltage measurement with the key on, and then put a fan forcing air into it, to see the voltage change.

The sensor reads the amperage needed to keep the wire heated to a specific temperature, when air passes it. Better yet, a square wave meter or lab scope would be far more accurate. (Before SPX/Sperry-OTC bought out TIF, they used to make a square wave counter for a digital VOM) I think they still do.

Otherwise, you'll have to buy an OTC or Snap On Vantage if you want to read square waves. For the do it yourselfer, voltage readings IE. voltage drop or amperage is fine.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King