ml430 99 mass air flow sensor

I own 99 ml 430 black opal with 64,000 miles. Did any one hear of the mass air flow sensor going on these 430s. the check engine light came on and the sensor was repaired 4 months ago. the light came on again and it was found to be the problem again. part number is 113-094-00-48. any help or info will be appreciated . thanks

Reply to
lawrence e massone

That's the same part number that's on my 99 E55. I had to have it replaced at 39,000 miles. My car has 42,500 and has no problem with the new unit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have heard that these are a finicky design.

Reply to
JB

I have heard a lot of other ML owners complain about MAS failures after 50K miles or so, but none so close after replacement.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

Don't you get warranty on failed parts? We do in the UK, 1 year, covers parts and labour involved in replacing defective component.

Reply to
miknik

Reply to
lawrence e massone

Just replaced mine. Super easy to do. Part is expensive. Bryan

Reply to
chaisone

Yes, a very easy job. However, if I knew that it was the culprit, I think I would try to clean it before replacing it. Besides, what have you got to lose if you are going to buy a new one anyhow? There are plenty of posts on various Internet forums describing how to do this (many of them are on the Lexus forum). Apparently, you take it off and use a combination of Gumout cleaner and compressed air.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

Thanks Rodney. I didn't know that it just needed cleaning. I'll keep the old one around for later use. Next time I'll try cleaning it. Bryan

Reply to
Flyingmonk