Mom's New Car Purchase

Mom finally took my advice and traded in her 2002, 67,000km Olds Intrigue for a 2006 Impala LT. The Intrigue needed brakes, again, and another ball joint. Funny, she walk into the dealer and said "my car needs brakes, I want a new one." Don't know anything other than it has the LT trim and she most likely stuck with the 3.5L engine. I'm going to stick my nose under the hood next time I'm around.

One thing that caught my eye, it has 211hp, not 210 or 215, but 211. GM must be using a new standard for horsepower rating because it always used to be in increments of 5 and only the imports were by 1s.

Anyway, now I'm pissed I struggled with the stupid blower motor resitor pack in the Intrigue on my vacation.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Shep

Wow, only 67K km and a new car. This is what GM is looking for to make money. Not like good old HarryFace with 300K+ miles till he bought a used ex-rental. GM is using new certified horsepower ratings and that is why the new 3800 series III is rated for 197 in the new Buick Lucerne.

Reply to
vince

Wow you'd think they would do some tuning to get the HP rating to start with a "2", wouldn't you?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Well my 80 yr ol' momma is gonna stick with her 91 Cadillac Brougham De Elagance, 5.7 V8 RWD. Lot of knick knicks and scratches too.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 31,847 91 Bonneville LE 304,345
Reply to
Harry Face

Reply to
dave