Montana replacement DVD player

I have an '04 Montana and the DVD player is shot. The dealer wants $1000 for a new one! I've tried ebay, local parts dealers and junk yards and I can't find one. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can look next? I've got a two week road trip coming up and it would be nice to have this thing working. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Geo

Hi Geo...

Took one quick try to find this one...

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Well, their return policy is to only take returns if the unit is defective or not as advertised. If I plug it in and the problem turns out to be something other than my dvd player I'm out $200. Thanks for forwarding this Ken.

Reply to
Geo

You could try connecting a standard DVD player through the input jacks on the front of the built-in DVD player and see if that works. If it does you could add a small power inverter and be back in buisness. It would be bulkier than the built-in system, but a lot cheaper. You can get pretty small DVD players and the inverter could be put under a seat.

Reply to
gdcoxjr