those pop screws in windshield reservoir

Does anyone know if there is a special tool to pop those 'inset' plastic 'screws' that are used to anchor lightweight objects to the under-hood area (e.g. windshield wiper reservoir, radiator reservoir)? They are actually in two pieces: the 'screw' or 'insert' that drives into the 'collar'. I wind up really tearing them up by pulling on them with pliers, usually, and I would love to know if there is a better way.

Thanks Louis

Reply to
ll

There is a tool for that. I got mine at Princess Auto.

Something like these:

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I just used a couple of zip ties...

Brian

I'd think an investment in a small supply of new ones could be wise, and remember to charge customer for ones used--same situation as the old white plastic "almost screw-in-like" ones GM used to hold door panels on with. My not so expensive purchase of a supply surely eliminated usual headaches, as some old and brittle ones just would not be saved for re-use. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

A carpet tack remover will work in some cases. Harbor Freight sells trim tool sets that are made of nylon so that the finishes will not be marred.

Reply to
reddog