Need for 3.8 Buick motor

I'd like to "update" my old Buick LeSabre motor with a fresher one. I like the 3800 Series II in the later model GM midsizes. Can that one fit onto the transaxle for the LeSabre? And where can I get one around Boston, MA.? And how about ECM compatibility? Thanks for any light you can shed.

Reply to
GMdriver

Look...There are several series 3800 engines. You have to be a bit more specific.

If you want a junkyard engine, to to

A good mechanic can put any engine, any tranny, into any car. But you want to do this within your means.

They are NOT all mutually exchangeable.

Reply to
<HLS

Two better choices - rebuild the existing motor or buy a crate motor directly from GM.

Reply to
Mike Marlow