new gripe

why is it any customer service call you make, purchase (amazon is the worst) and telemarketer call for you to take surveys some of which are very invasive. I don't answer them any more but its enough to make you quit dealing with them.

Just leased a 2013 chev volt received requests from

Dealer GM On Star XM radio finance co. and probably more to come

Reply to
Tom

I never give out my real phone numbers, real email, and always sign with an X when ever possible.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Try this:

"Hello, will you be paying for this with Master Card or Visa" "Well, actually we don't charge for the survey" "I realize that, but I charge for my time, which you have used, so Master Card or Visa?" "I'm sorry we can't pay you for this." "Then why did you call me?" whatever they say, reply with... "Will you be paying for this with Master Card or Visa"

They often times say they just want your opinion. I usually ask if they are doing this for free. They always respond that they get paid, to which I reply "if you get paid, then I should get paid also..."

Usually they get the idea fast. And they don't call back because technically they are bound to pay as they've been advised that it will not be free.

Reply to
PeterD

I like that one GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

My Dealer does that. Calls my cell phone number for some survey. Pisses me off.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I never give out my cell phone number to potential PITA users. Sometimes, if you have to fill in the blank, I use a fax number.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

give the local police number

works wonders for the nigerian letters