New Impala's Everywhere!

Looks like GM might have a winner with the redesigned Impala. I've seen quite a few of them on the road lately

Reply to
jcr

Yes sir, the Accord looking Impala LT is doing well in the Chicago suburbs. I haven't seen many SS's or the new Monte Carlo around though.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 34,145 91 Bonneville LE 305,729
Reply to
Harry Face

I've seen 4 in the last two weeks. Today I saw one of those Buicks named after a carton of cottage cheese.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Harry Face said the following on 2/2/2006 7:38 PM:

A good sign perhaps!

Reply to
jcr

Are you sure they aren't mostly rental cars?

Reply to
John Horner

Really, I haven't seen any, save for a couple company cars (my company uses Impalas and Malibus)

nate

Reply to
N8N

It must depend on where you're situated. I see many new Impalas on the road when I drive into Toronto, Canada. But that probably should be expected since the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) has a population of about

5 million people.
Reply to
Cool Jet

I haven't noticed any rental stickers on them. But I suppose it's possible.

Reply to
jcr

Many rental companies have toned down or eliminate their markings on cars ever since certain bandits started targeting tourists in rental cars.

John

Reply to
John Horner

They don't mark their vehicles in an obvious manner. Kind of hard to see when rolling along, but most rental agencies take the valve stem caps off.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Doesn't that cause the stem valves to corrode from the road chemicals and such to where they eventually leak?

Reply to
jcr

Why would they do that?

Reply to
Hairy

I don't know why. I rent a vehicle about once per month on business somewhere in the US from what ever agency gives me the best deal at the time. My last one was a Trail Blazer two weeks ago from Budget. It was ok. I could hang my arm out the window though. Put 1000 miles on in 6 days. Never went over 105 mph. Anyhow, every time I rent a vehicle I ask why the caps are off. I've been direct, subtle, etc. They usually say they don't know either. Sometimes I just get a blank stare. My suspicion is that it alerts the police that the vehicle is a rental.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Not enough to matter to them in the 3 ~ 9 months rental companies hold on to their vehicles!

Reply to
John Horner

I live near Washington, DC - people here love their SUVs, and the more ecologically correct types all drive furrin cars.

I exaggerate a little, I do see one or two new Impalas every now and then, but nowhere near the numbers of Hondas, Subarus, BMWs, Mercedes, etc...

nate

Reply to
N8N

Because the "genius's" that check air and oil and wash cars for the rental Co. are too lazy to put valve caps back on. Just like the mutant's at Jerky Lube who one twist the cap back on, I have to take a Co. vehicle to them.

Reply to
Repairman

Good advice then... If one is buying a vehicle from a rental agency, insist that they replace all of the valve stems with new ones before you sign the paperwork!

Reply to
jcr

Well you know what they say in the rental industry... if its gonna be a rental it gotta be tuff.

Reply to
Worthington J. Wilmington

Reply to
SgtSilicon