Newer Impalas

When I was in England, I had the opportunity to ride in a Ford Sierra Cosworth...OMG the first four banger that plastered me to the seat. I know a few "Cozzies" made it over here because the Sierra was the same platform as the Murkur xR4i back in 87-88 or there abouts..

Reply to
Eightupman

Just like the myth about the fuel companies buying patents for carburators and fuel injection systems that get 80MPG right??

Reply to
Eightupman

You mean they don't! But what about area #51!

> View this thread:

el Diablo

Don't know what you are talking about ;-)

Reply to
Eightupman

Damn! You're in on it too!

Reply to
el Diablo

If that's the case, why aren't they paying off people to keep the Jap cars out too? Toytoa probably sells more cars here than all the Euro ones combined.

Reply to
Bobby The D

Let's just go with ---- Of course there is a Top Secret military installation somewhere in the desert referred to as Area 51. Where do you think the SR-71 and the Stealth fighter and bombers were born?

Reply to
Eightupman

actually it was developed throughout the country, my father worked on the electronic devlopment aspect of the stealth project here in myrtle beach, ( back when the base was open). talk about tight security, if you were not part of CRS then you couldnt get anywhere near the shop. whenever i ask a question about it now, all i get is "I CAN NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY IT".

as for the fuel injection or carb. that gets 80 mpg. i know someone who had something like that happen to him. he bought a new car from ford back in like 99 or 2000, he drove it for 3 weeks, never had to fill up the tank. he got a call from ford that asked him to bring the car back. when he asked why they just told him they would pay him double what he did, plus give him a new car. as for the myth i dont know, but what i saw is, what i saw so take it as you like.

Reply to
urb's91

The SR71 was a Skunkworks project mainly, but I suppose some components could have come from many places.

Your friend didn't happen to record the VIN of that vehicle did he? Should be on old title records. Be interesting to run that VIN against sources. Mind getting it and posting it here?

Reply to
SgtSilicon

he has moved away, but i still get an emial from him every once and a while, i will drop him a note tonight and see. the only part i really remember was it looked like a escort but had a different front clip. and the trunk was more squared. i still prefer a chevy! :bowtie:

Reply to
urb's91

also i think i have a picture of it somewhere, i will look and see and post it if i find it.

Reply to
urb's91

OK maybe that is not where it was "born" but thats where it was raised!!! LOL Now it will retire out of Holloman NM

Reply to
Eightupman