OBD ll connector-OBD l compliant but with SIX wires....

...and that means I can't use a jumper wire to get a read out. Auto Zone gets a 'link error' when they try to read it with their hand held scanner.

Any body know of a way that I can read it or do I have to go somewhere and pay the man.

john

Reply to
asadi

You need a special adapter cable on a GM OBD I scan tool to read codes on some of these - they have an OBD II connector, but still use the OBD I (ALDL) communications protocol.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

.....and then you have the 1995 Monte Carlo's with the 3.4L DOHC......ALDL (OBD I) connector, but an OBDII computer.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Reply to