Oil Dipstick

I just did an oil change on my 96 Buick Regal w/3800. When I pulled the sti= ck I noticed the plastic stem, with the o-ring, had seperated from the pull= ring and was still in the tube. Got it out easy enough, but wonder if it i= s all that necessary. I figure the o-ring is for blow-by prevention. Do I g= et a new stick, or forget about it? Thanks.

Reply to
dplayer

When I pulled the stick I noticed the plastic stem, with the o-ring, had separated from the pull ring and was still in the tube. Got it out easy enough, but wonder if it is all that necessary. I figure the o-ring is for blow-by prevention. Do I get a new stick, or forget about it? Thanks.

I'd forget about it. Probably part of the pollution setup to eliminate blow by. If you got one from a junk yard for $2, then OK, but if you got it from a Buick dealer, they probably want more than the car is worth.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski