Oldsmobile Intrigue moldy smell

The '99 Intrigue has a moldy smell since we've started to use the A/C more now that it's warmer. I would guess that this is due to bacteria on the evaporator, or a plugged drain line. How accessable is the evaporator and/or the drain line? Where are these located?

Thanks

Reply to
O'erclockd Proc

The drain line is usually a small elbow that protrudes through the firewall.

Accessing the evaporator usually requires substantial disassembly under the dash. Every car is a little different and I don't know about the Intrigue.

If heard that a soluti>The '99 Intrigue has a moldy smell since we've started to use the A/C

Reply to
Donutman

I recall reading a while ago that Ford dealers (iirc) offered a procedure that would kill the mold on an evaporator without disassembly. Closed the flaps and flooded the airbox with an anti-fungal solution, then vacuumed it out. Someone later suggested that shops specializing in automotive A/C had it available as well.

Don't know anything else about it, like whether it was specific to Ford designs, but might be worth a call to a dealer.

Reply to
Chris

Here is some good info abt ac smell, I think GM service dept uses the AirSept system:

Markeau